The Museum of Orange Heritage opened its doors in Summer 2015 as a joint collaboration between the Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland and County Armagh Grand Orange Lodge.
Located at two sites, 'Sloan's House' in Loughgall, County Armagh and 'Schomberg House', Belfast, the Museum has attracted over 100,000 visitors and features the largest collection of Orange artefacts in the World.
The project aims to educate the wider public of the origins, traditions and continued relevance of the Orange Institution and its role in society since it was formed in 1795.
Sloan's House, Loughgall
82-86 Main Street, Loughgall BT61 8HZ
Loughgall is central to the origin story of the Orange Institution and its inception in 1795 in the aftermath of the Battle of the Diamond.
The Museum at Sloan's House displays a fantastic collection of documents relating to the genesis of the Orange Order including some of the first warrants signed. The site also tells the story of the Plantation and the surrounding area of Loughgall, including those prior to 1795.
The site also includes Sloan's Parlour, portraying the way it would have looked at the time of the Orange's formation. The Parlour tells the story through graphics, audio visual technologies and the display of key artefacts.
Sloan's House also includes a permanent exhibition space, café and research facilities.
Thursday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm.
Group visits can be facilitated on Tuesdays and Wednesdays by booking.
NOTE: Due to reduced opening hours, all visitors are advised to phone ahead to ensure the museum is open.
Telephone: (028) 3889 2048
Admission is free.
Schomberg House, Belfast
368 Cregagh Road, Belfast BT6 9EY
The Museum of Orange Heritage's Belfast site is located at the Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland's Headquarters, 'Schomberg House' in East Belfast.
The site focuses on the history and traditions of the Orange Institution, beginning with the Glorious Revolution and travelling through to the modern day.
There is a strong focus on Orangeism around the World with a fascinating collection which enhances the story of the Institution.
The Museum features a number of interactive exhibits and includes a Café on site.
A replica Lodge Room includes a Memorial Backlit Window which commemorates the more than 300 Orange members who were killed during the 'Troubles' in Northern Ireland.
Open from 10am to 5pm, Mon - Sat.
NOTE: Last entry to the museum is at 4pm.
Telephone: (028) 9070 1122
Admission is free.